10 Safety Products for Home You Might Be Forgetting About
As well-maintained as your home might be, you have to use some added safety items to ensure that your home is properly protected. Here are ten things you need in your home right now to keep it safe.
- Deadbolt: A good deadbolt is needed on each of your outdoor doors. A virtual key that you can generate from a mobile device and wave over your door’s lock can always be perfect.
- First Aid Kit: You need to get a proper first aid kit that has all the necessities for emergencies in your home. This can cause with adhesives, alcohol swabs and cleaning materials and even a whistle and compass. This can be ideal for when you are traveling and you need some kind of set that will protect you while out.
- Emergency Ladder: An emergency ladder can be added onto the top part of your house near a window. It can be ideal for when people need to safely escape from a home if the lower floors cannot be accessed for any reason.
- Wi-Fi Thermostat: Having a thermostat in your home that uses a Wi-Fi signal that links to your HVAC unit is great as it ensures you will have access to your HVAC setup through a mobile device. The Nest app can particularly work wonders for a home.
- Motion-Sensor Lights: These lights can identify when people are walking up to your house. They can be used to ensure that whoever is coming across a home is identified properly.
- Emergency Radio: You will need an emergency radio to get weather reports and other messages when the power in your home is out. A good model can work with a hand crank and an outside power source from something like a mobile phone.
- Portable Heater: A small portable heater can help you stay warm. It can work through a battery and can heat up to 200 square feet of space at a time.
- Safe: A storage safe can help you secure your valuables and other important belongings. Safes can be secured through strong locking systems.
- Fire Extinguisher: It sounds like a simple product but it’s easy for people to forget about fire extinguishers. A good extinguisher can help you clear out some fires in your home.
- Lighter: A lighter can not only help you get light into a place but it can also help you start fires or light candles if necessary. This in turn ensures that you will be able to start all sorts of heat sources even when the power is out where you are.